IoT Solutions for Manufacturing Companies
AggreGate Platform and derived products cover diverse areas of the manufacturing process automation and supervision, starting from the field level and up to Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) and Business Intelligence (BI).
AggreGate provides the instant control and manufacturing intelligence to CEOs, plant managers, production line supervisors and supply chain managers. This pays back with the reduced operational costs, improved mean time to repair, increased profitability, higher ROI, and other long-term business benefits.
Feasibility of the AggreGate product suite covers:
|Automation for discrete and process manufacturing (SCADA)|
|Productivity data mining and reporting|
|Industrial visualization (HMI)|
|Factory KPI real-time tracking|
|Event and alarm management|
|Northbound interface to ERP, EAM, MES, and BI systems|
AggreGate SCADA/HMI, a manufacturing intelligence solution based on the AggreGate Platform, acquires manufacturing data from a plant-floor and translates it into a valuable data source for decision makers at the enterprise and business levels. Coordinating the interoperability of disparate devices and data sources, AggreGate SCADA/HMI visualizes data from multiple technological processes into the dashboards, reports and HMIs. Manufacturers can then make informed improvements to their processes to move towards the operational excellence.
For large multi-site manufacturing companies, the AggreGate product suite provides an umbrella operations coverage from the production process automation to the quality analysis, maintenance, asset management, inventory, and material management.
In addition to automation of a discrete manufacturing process, AggreGate SCADA/HMI can handle and enhance your packaging technology.
- Accumulation. Monitor the upstream and downstream conveyor status, prevent the machine downtime, blocking and starving, share the performance information, as well as log and visualize the buffer size.
- Blister/Vacuum Forming. Monitor the pressure, temperature, humidity, heat zones, operator activity, and other traceable metrics, enable the quick product changeover, and get the custom reports.
- Capping. Improve the efficiency of a manual, automatic and semi-automatic capping process, proactively identify and address the quality issues, and control the KPIs of cap feeder, sorter, etc.
- Cartoning. Concentrate information produced by the feeder, drives, lubrication systems, and guarding/safety systems, deploy multiple touch panels for controlling the individual sections of a machine, reduce the downtime and increase productivity.
- Case/Tray Processing. Enable monitoring for the case/tray forming, gluing, folding, wrapping and strapping, as well as ensure smoothness of the line operation.
- Conveyor/Material Handling. Create the modular and extendable conveyor architectures, display data acquired directly from the drives and field controllers, share the status information with other controllers without additional gateway hardware, provide the remote status monitoring, as well as alarm forwarding to the external systems or mobile phones.
- Feeding. Fine-tune the standalone or multi-lane feeders, adjust the vibration frequencies, directions, feed rates, and advanced parameters. Animate the feeding process to provide the visual feedback to operators for adjustment facilitation, and reduce the product changeover time.
- Forming/Filling/Sealing. Change the bag length, rate, seal time, weight, and gas dispensing parameters, visualize data from the process controller, checkweigher and inspection equipment, including the metal detectors and vision systems, on a single HMI, coordinate the product change over, and employ the handshaking and communication with upstream systems to ensure incorrectly filled bags.
- Inspection. Communicate with any inspection equipment via the industry standards, eliminating expensive specialized interfaces, combine the metal detection tunnels with the vision and X-ray systems on a single interface, and raise the visual, audible and remote alarms.
- Labeling. Integrate the barcode, QR code and RFID tag printers into operation, get the instant data from scanners to get rid of any guesswork, upload data into MES and BI systems, and provide a common interface for serving different key customers.
- Wrapping. Control the shrink wrap tunnels used for the pallet wrapping, create the high-usability displays that communicate with any temperature controllers.
Packaging Line Management
SMITEC SWM is a modular and configurable IT and Industry 4.0 solution based on AggreGate SCADA/HMI for packaging (or more general manufacturing) line supervision: monitoring, data collection, production tracking, production execution and performance KPI calculation (OEE).
In short, here's what AggreGate Platform can offer for vendors in the process automation and manufacturing arena:
|Maximization of the system KPIs by the proactive problem prevention|
|Visualization of the real-time diagnostic data acquired from the equipment deployed at the customer sites|
|Reduction of the field service costs by the remote service implementation|
|Development of new services helping your customers to improve the plant operation efficiency|
|Maintenance of the complete inventory and configuration information for the deployed equipment|