AggreGate's job scheduler lets you periodically execute any device management or system task, such as:
- Checking device status every two hours and running an external application in case of a problem
- Purging device internal memory every Sunday at 4:00 AM
- Sending an attendance report by e-mail on the 2nd and 17th of every month at 4:00 PM during 2018 and 2019
Any operation available within the unified model may be scheduled for periodic execution. If the operation is normally interactive and requires user input, the input parameters may be pre-defined during scheduling. When the server is restarted, the scheduler can detect if any jobs were missed (not launched) while the server was down.
There are two types of schedules:
- Simple schedule. According to a simple schedule, an action is executed for a set number of times with a fixed interval. It is also possible to specify the start/end of the time interval when the execution takes place.
- Advanced schedule. This type of schedule allows complex execution patterns, like "execute every minute starting at 2:00 PM and ending at 2:59 PM, every day" or "execute at 10:15 AM on the last Friday of every month during the years 2018, 2019, 2021, and 2023".