Box products based on the AggreGate IoT Platform, such as Network Manager or SCADA/HMI, can be deployed "as is" without developing any custom modules. However, large-scale IoT and BI solutions may require deep customization and configuration to tailor them to the customer's unique environment and processes.
Tibbo offers a turnkey-basis deployment of the AggreGate-based solutions. Our head offices are located in Taiwan and Russia, but we've completed projects on all continents. Some of our deployment contracts were signed directly between Tibbo and end customers, without employing national system integrators to minimize costs. In other cases, we're subcontracted by our partners. Our engineers have valid US and Sсhengen visas.
Typical Project Timeline
We set clear goals and timelines in every project to make sure that the estimated budget will not be exceeded. Depending on the project scale, a typical deployment usually lasts from two months up to one year. The timeline of a typical deployment scenario includes:
of the source data:
- Inspection of relevant device models and data source types
- Inspection of available metrics, operations and event types
- Collection of customer requirements
of the source data and development of a target specification
of a target specification
of the monitoring/management servers and installation of the AggreGate-based products
of the servers to meet the target specification
for the system administrators and operators
System testing and commissioning
Once the deployment project is completed, Tibbo can still help to ensure a successful long-term system operation. This is usually done under the terms of a support contract that includes phone/Skype support with screen sharing, remote administration and auditing, and much more. This support contract is optional.
Large deployment projects require 5 to 30 days of the on-site presence which is normally separated into several visits:
- The first site visit allows us to conduct the customer's environment analysis and interview responsible employees to draw up and negotiate the detailed technical requirements and deployment specification.
- The second site visit is targeted to bring the AggreGate servers online and connect all hardware into the system. After this stage, our project team can start building data processing and visualization chains based on the customer-specific source data.
- The third site visit normally comprises the customer's employees training and several days of operational testing. This stage completion usually means that the AggreGate installation is fully functional and can be operated without the direct Tibbo's intervention.
However, the above schema is totally flexible. Some projects do not require site visits at all, while the others are fully conducted on-site.
Deployment Project Team
Tibbo's experience shows that the size of an ideal deployment team seriously varies depending on the project nature, complexity and scale. In some cases, small teams help to save costs without significantly impacting the overall duration. However, the projects requiring a lot of simple development activities can benefit of the concurrent engineers' work. We always negotiate a desired project team with the customer at the early stages of the project.
Depending on the project nature and scale, a typical team may include:
|Project Manager||Data Scientists|
|Deployment Engineers (IT or automation professionals)||Technical Writers|