AggreGate Network Manager offers different methods of WAN link monitoring:
- ICMP/UDP ping and visual route tracing
- Monitoring using Cisco IP SLA technology
- Control via hardware and software probes
The status and performance of monitored links can be visualized on network overview dashboards and geographical maps created in the integrated UI Builder.
IP SLA Monitoring and Management
Cisco IP SLA technology enables Cisco routers and switches to perform various network tests by exchanging simulated data with other Cisco devices ("responders") or ordinary network hosts.
IP SLA ensures monitoring of:
- Leased line parameters (e.g., latencies and error rate)
- VoIP sound quality (jitter, MOS, etc.)
- Video stream and IPTV quality
AggreGate Network Manager fully supports the following IP SLA test types: ICMP Echo, ICMP Path Echo, UDP Echo, TCP Connect, UDP Jitter, ICMP Path Jitter, VoIP Call, RTP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, HTTP.
AggreGate Network Manager is the only product allowing building custom tests through the central monitoring server by manually specifying a test protocol and all configuration parameters (over 50 parameters in total).
Features of IP SLA monitoring module
- Import of existing IP SLA tests from Cisco devices
- Batch creation of new IP SLA tests inside Cisco devices through the central monitoring server
- Updates and removal of tests through the central server
- Support for all types of IP SLA tests
- Support for the full set of test parameters
- Support for monitoring the full set of test metrics
- Out-of-the-box IP SLA infrastructure dashboards
- Hop-by-hop visualization of path tests
- Pre-configured IP SLA violation alerts