AggreGate IoT Platform has its own expression language. The expressions are similar to formulas used throughout a spreadsheet: those formulas are used to refer values from surrounding cells while AggreGate expressions refer values flowing inside the unified data model.
AggreGate’s expression language is used:
- In alert triggers, to raise an alert when a complex condition is satisfied
- In event filters, to select events that match several criteria
- In trackers, to monitor composite values
- In reports, for fetching report source data
- In charts, for calculating data item values
- In widgets, for binding server and device data values with user interface components
- In models, for evaluating the outcome of business rules
- In hundreds of other cases
Expressions are simple to use due to the automatic type conversion. In addition to ordinary operators and literals, the expression language has a vast library of functions:
|String processing functions||Table processing functions|
|Number processing functions||Functions for accessing contexts|
|Date and time processing functions||And more|
|Color processing functions|
Visual Expression Builder helps to create and test complex expressions without much coding.