Centralized Printer Status Monitoring and Configuration
Modern network printers can impart a lot about themselves using SNMP. Acting as a flexible printer monitoring tool, the Network Manager keeps track of all details provided by printers. Moreover, these details can be consolidated to present important information in a brief and clear form.
For example, AggreGate printer monitor software provides customizable mappings for constructing a consolidated printer status from three indicators:
- Printer state, i.e. state of the printer as a generic network device
- Current printing state
- Error conditions detected by the printer
Printer Problem Alerting
AggreGate printer status monitor exploits an alert to reach out to an administrator once a critical printer event is detected. It can be configured to observe various conditions, ensure appropriate notifications and handle some problems automatically when possible.
There are several pre-defined printer problem alerts, e.g.:
- Low supplies: triggered when a lack of certain printing resources (paper, toner, etc.) is detected
- Cover/door state: warn if printer's cover or door is open for a long time
- Critical event: notify the system administrator if printing is stopped and cannot be continued for a reason.
Multi-vendor Printer Status Monitor
AggreGate Network Manager supports most widespread printer vendors out-of-the-box: